The preparation is very simple and it would be a complete different experience of trying something new and healthy.
Preparation Time: 20-25 minutes
Cooking time: 15-20 minutes
Servings: One loaf cut into two portions
100 - 150ml water
200 - 250 gms flour (bread)
One tablespoon sugar (white)
One and a half teaspoon yeast
One yolk (egg)
One tablespoon water
Salt as per taste
Procedure for making baguettes:
- Add water, flour, yeast and salt and make the dough.
- Next, remove the prepared dough in a container that is greased with oil. Leave the dough in a warm place for about 30-35 minutes. To check whether it is ready you can press it with your palm the dough will become spongy, soft and doubled.
- Now, Punch the dough thoroughly.
- On a hard surface spread some flour and make long rolls from the dough. The rolls should be 12 inches long and rectangular in shape.
- Roll it in a manner that no air bubbles are formed.
- Keeping on rolling gently front and back to make the ends slightly pointed. Make stripes on the loaves to improve the look. Cover the loaves with a cloth and keep it aside for about 35-40 minutes.
- Preheat the oven for about 190 degree C. Add sugar (1 tablespoon) and egg yolk, brush the mixed content on the bread loaves.
- Bake the loaves for 25 - 30 minutes till it turns out to be brown (golden) in color.
Baguette can be eaten plain, without any combination, if you want to change the flavor you can spread butter over it.
It is a good option to try it at home. It takes some time, but baguette can be preserved for 4-5 days. You can spread butter or cheese and can serve it along with evening tea as well.