Focaccia is a kind of bread that is very popular in Italy. The taste of this product is very authentic. It is mainly seasoned with salt, at times herbs and olive oil. Focaccia can be used as a starter or a snack item. It can be used as a bread for a sandwich or pizza base.
Cooking Time: 15 minutes
Servings: 01-02 portions
150-200 gms flour (all purpose)
Half tablespoon white sugar
One tablespoon yeast (dry)
Half tablespoon powdered garlic
Half tablespoon oregano (dried)
Half tablespoon thyme (dried)
Half tablespoon basil (dried)
A pinch of black pepper (powdered)
One tablespoon oil (vegetable or refined)
Two tablespoons oil (Olive)
One tablespoon grated Cheese (parmesan)
100 gms mozzarella
100 ml- 150ml water
Salt as per taste
- In a big container, pour flour,yeast,salt, sugar,oregano,basil, garlic powder, black pepper, thyme, vegetable oil and water.
- Stir it well and prepare a smooth dough, mix the dough till it comes together. Once the dough is ready to place it in a bowl, add the oil coating to the dough and cover it with a clean white cloth.
- Leave it aside for about 20-25 minutes.
- Preheat the oven for about 230degreesC. Punch and place the dough on a baking sheet apply a little oil on the sheet. Pat the dough into a rectangular shape each portion should be half an inch thicker.
- Grease a little olive oil on the top.
- Sprinkle the item with mozzarella or parmesan cheese.
- Bake the bread in the oven for 15-20 minutes, till it turns to be brown (golden) in color. Now, the Focaccia is ready to be served. It tastes delightful when it is served hot.
If you are fond of bread products, then you will definitely relish this snack item. It is a best dish for evening refreshments. If you have a guest arriving at your place, you can just decorate the focaccia with some toppings and serve it hot. You can serve one or two portions depending upon the size of the bread.