Penne is a perfect sauce for pasta that would elevate the taste of the entire dish. The smaller tubes are pungent, flavor full of olives, capers and anchovies. A very easy to prepare dish that could be enjoyed at any time.
2 tablespoons of olive oil
1 large onion finely chopped
2 garlic cloves finely chopped
3 anchovy fillets finely chopped
1/4th teaspoon dries chili flakes
2 tablespoons drained capers
400 gms of diced tomatoes
½ cup of pitted black olives finely sliced
1 tablespoon finely chopped fresh oregano leaves
400 gms of dried penne pasta
Flat parsley leaves finely chopped
- In a saucepan, pour olive oil and heat chopped onions, garlic, anchovies, capers and chili. Stir well and simmer on medium flame for about 5 minutes. Make sure that the onions have turned into golden brown color.
- Add diced tomatoes, oregano and olives to the mixture. Stir well and bring them to cook. Keep the flame low and simmer for 15 minutes. It is the time during which the sauce will thicken.
- In another saucepan, cook pasta in boiling water. Add salt to the water. Follow the cooking directions as provided on the packet to prepare a perfect pasta.
- Drain the water from the pasta saucepan.
- Add the mixture of tomato to pasta saucepan.
- Add chopped parsley leaves before serving.
- Make sure to make the sauce thick enough.
- Cook pasta following the directions of the packet.