1 tablespoon of paprika
Coarse salt – to taste
Ground pepper – to taste
Garlic powder – ½ tablespoon
1 broiler chicken with liver and giblets removed.
1 tablespoon of olive oil.
Preparation time: 15 min
Cooking time: 1 - 1 ½ hours
- Wash the broiler chicken thoroughly and remember to remove liver and giblets removed.
- Preheat the oven to around 400 degrees.
- Stick the fingers carefully to remove the skin from the bird.
- Start from the bottom of the bird in an upward direction until it reaches half of the breast. Loosen the skin slowly from the hole on the top to remove the other half of the skin.
- Patience is required to remove the skin from the legs. One should be careful while carrying out this activity. Make sure to start from the bottom of the leg for a convenient removal procedure.
- Mix paprika, coarse salt, garlic powder and grounded pepper. This is the seasoning and should be put on the chicken underneath the skin wherever possible. Sprinkle some of the seasoning in the cavity. Do not use all the seasoning.
- Place the chicken with the seasoning in a roasting pan. Stick the pan into the oven. Cook the chicken for an hour or until the oven reaches a temperature of 165 degrees.
- Remove the pan from the oven and rest it for about ten minutes.
- Carve the chicken accordingly and sprinkle the left out seasoning to achieve a perfect flavor.
- Be careful while handling the chicken. Try not to tear the skin. The presence of skin is essential.
- It is essential to possess a lot of patience to remove the skin from the legs.