French fries are a wonderful snack at any time. It is a simple American cuisine made from potatoes. It could be savored with any drink or sauce.
5 large potatoes
Salt, to taste
Oil, to deep fry
Preparation time: 20 minutes
Cooking time: 15 minutes
- Peel the potatoes and soak them in water.
- Cut the potatoes into thin strips of approximately 1 centimeter.
- In a large cooking pot, pour water and boil it under medium flame.
- Put the potato strips into the cooking pot and add salt. Cook them until the water becomes half.
- Turn off the flame and transfer the pot to the base. Remove the potato strips and place them in a zip lock cover. Refrigerate the cover for about an hour to cool the strips.
- Remove the potato strips from the cover. Seal the pieces into another cover and ensure there is no air. Use zip lock for better results.
- The strips are ready to fry at any time. You can cook them in a deep frying pan filled with oil. Cook under medium flame to avoid over-burning. The strips will turn into golden brown color when they are cooked.
- Remove the strips and place them on absorbent paper.
- Add salt only after removing from the oil and draining excess oil.
- Serve hot with tomato puree.
- Refrigerating in deep freezer is important. This will help in prolonging the life of the potato strips. Apart from zip lock covers, air tight containers are also preferable.
- Do not over cook the strips.