Hot chicken nuggets are a perfect snack for the evening. When mixed with marinated buttermilk and crusted panko crumbs, the dish becomes a perfect balance between crunch and juice flavor.
8 pieces of boneless chicken thighs.
1 cup of buttermilk.
1/4th cup of finely chopped chives.
1/4th cup of grated parmesan cheese.
3 tablespoons of soy sauce.
½ teaspoon of garlic Tabasco.
1 teaspoon of salt.
1 teaspoon of pepper.
1 cup of flour.
3 beaten eggs.
2 cups of panko crumbs.
1/4th cup of mild yellow mustard.
1/4th cup of honey.
Pinch of salt and pepper.
- Wash the boneless chicken things.
- Marinate both buttermilk and chicken thighs in a large bowl.
- Cover the bowl with plastic wrap and refrigerate overnight. This procedure is important. It helps achieve tenderness of the meat.
- The following day, drain the buttermilk from the bowl.
- Add marinated chicken thighs, egg, chive, Parmesan cheese, soy sauce, garlic Tabasco, salt, pepper and lemon in a food processor. Blend the entire mixture until a smooth paste is achieved.
- Make nuggets in an approximate 2 inch by 1 inch size from the above paste.
- Place the nuggets in a line in the baking tray.
- Add flour in a shallow bowl.
- Add beaten eggs in another bowl.
- Coat the nuggets in the flour, then egg, and then in the panko crumbs. Place them back again on the baking tray.
- Deep fry the nuggets until they achieve a golden brown color. Do remember to use medium flame. Alternatively, add 2 tablespoons of oil in a fry pan. Deep fry the nuggets. Turn each side of the nugget every 2 minutes. Continue the process for 10 minutes.
- Combine yellow mustard, honey, salt and pepper to create dipping sauce.