Baked Macaroni & Cheese is a classic food recipe that would linger taste buds of every person.
Preparation time: 20 minutes
Cooking time: 45 minutes
25 gms of elbow macaroni
3 tablespoons of butter
2 tablespoons of flour
1 tablespoon of powdered mustard
3 cups of milk
½ cup of diced yellow onion
1 bay leaf
½ teaspoon of paprika
1 large egg
300 gms of shredded cheddar
1 teaspoon of kosher salt
Black pepper – a few numbers
1 cup of bread crumbs
- Preheat the microwave oven to around 350 degrees or for about 15 minutes to achieve the temperature.
- In a large cooking pot, add fresh water, salt and pasta. Cook the paste on medium flame until it reaches firmness.
- In another cooking pot, add the butter and melt it. Add mustard and flour to the butter and whisk it for about five minutes. Stir continuously to avoid lump formation.
- Add milk, diced onion, bay leaf and paprika to the butter mixture. Stir continuously and allow it to cook for 10 minutes on medium flame. Remove the bay leaf after 10 minutes.
- Add 3/4th of cheese and egg into the mixture. Season the mixture with salt and pepper.
- Fold the macaroni into the mix and pour it into a casserole dish. Add the remaining cheese and spread evenly over the mixture.
- Toss the bread crumbs in butter in a separate pan.
- Add the coated bread crumbs over the mixture in the casserole dish.
- Place the dish in the preheated oven for 30 minutes.
- Remove the dish and wait for 5 minutes before serving.
- Pasta should be firm but not hard. Stir while cooking to avoid lump formation.
- Stir the mixture of onion, milk, paprika and bay leaf to avoid lumps. Keep the pot on medium flame.